Chocolate Shortbread CakeAs receitas lá de casa
Never fear: There's no actual cat tongue in this recipe, which actually gets the name from the type (and shape) of the cookies it is made with. The cookies are crushed, either in a food processor or the old-fashioned way, with a rolling pin, and then mixed with the other ingredients to form a smooth, creamy batter. You can use most any type of cookie to form the crumbs; buttery shortbread cookies are especially delicious.
- 200 grams cat's tongue cookies (or shortbread biscuits)
- 125 grams cocoa powder
- 125 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 200 milliliters milk
- 1Preheat oven to 360°F.
- 2Grease a round cake pan with butter and sprinkle with flour. Set aside.
- 3Crush the biscuits using a food processor (or place them in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin).
- 4In a bowl, combine the biscuits, cocoa powder, sugar, and baking powder.
- 5In another bowl, beat the eggs well.
- 6Add the oil and the milk, and beat some more.
- 7Combine the two mixtures in one bowl, and beat until very smooth.
- 8Pour batter into cake pan and bake for about 40 minutes.
- 9Perform a toothpick test to make sure the cake is done. Once done, remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan.