Chocolate Sand CookiesAs receitas lá de casa
These cookies get their pleasing texture (and their descriptive name) by mixing the flour with the cocoa powder and sugar and then working in the pieces of butter until the mixture resembles coarse sand. (In contrast, many other cookie doughs have you cream the butter with the sugar until completely smooth.) The dough is quickly rolled into balls with your hands, then flattened before baking. The ganache topping can be made with any type of chocolate, or all three for a variet.
- 250 grams flour
- 30 grams cocoa powder
- 50 grams sugar
- 125 grams butter
- 100 milliliters sour cream
- 100 grams chocolate (white or black)
- 100 milliliters heavy cream
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 2In a bowl or a food processor, mix flour with cocoa powder and sugar.
- 3Add the butter cut in small pieces and mix all ingredients until mixture resembles coarse sand.
- 4Add the cream and mix everything, kneading until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- 5Scoop portions of dough and shape into walnut-sized balls.
- 6Place balls on a greased baking sheet.
- 7Flatten balls slightly with the back of a fork and bake for about 20 minutes.
- 8Place cookies on a wire rack to cool.
- 9Break chocolate into squares and melt with the cream for 1 minute at full power in the microwave.
- 10To prepare chocolate glaze on stovetop, heat cream in a saucepan over low heat and then add the chocolate cut into squares.
- 11Stir with a whisk until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 12Pour mixture over cookies. Let cool completely and store in an airtight container.