A unique and revolutionary dessert, this Chocolate Ravioli Filled with Raspberry Cream will soon become a staple in your repertoire. Made with a cocoa dough and filled with a rich raspberry cream, these chocolate ravioli combine all of the best dessert flavors into one convenient little package. Cook the chocolate ravioli in boiling sugar water and serve warm or cold. Use a pasta machine to roll out the cocoa dough to get the right thickness.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 285 grams cream cheese
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam (pureed)
- 1/2 egg
- superfine sugar (to taste)
- red food coloring (optional)
- In a bowl, add the flour, cocoa, and eggs. Beat using an electric mixer until the ingredients have incorporated.
- Slowly add the water while still beating.
- Using the dough hook, beat until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add the jam and egg, then continue to beat until smooth.
- Add superfine sugar to taste, if needed.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts.
- Using a pasta machine, slowly stretch the dough. Use flour as needed. This process can also be done using a rolling pin.
- Place the pasta on a lightly floured flat surface. Cover with a clean rag.
- Repeat the process for the 3 remaining parts.
- Add a spoonful of the filling every 4 centimeters on 2 of the pasta strips.
- Place the other 2 pasta strips on top to cover. Press around the filling to seal.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out circles.
- In a pot, add plenty of water and 3 tablespoons sugar. Cook the ravioli 6 or 7 pieces at a time. Once they rise to the surface, count 2 minutes and then remove from the pot.
- Continue with the rest of the pieces.
- Garnish to taste and serve warm or cold.
PER SERVING *
|Calories770Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.