Fans of crisp and airy meringue, and they are many, will want to add this dessert to their regular rotation. The meringue itself is marbled with cocoa powder and chopped pistachios, then broken into pieces after baking and layered in a parfait with whipped cream, fresh raspberries, and chocolate shavings, more of which are used as the final garnish on top. The result? Creamy, crunchy, chocolatey goodness in every spoonful.
- 150 gramsegg whites
- 300 grams granulated sugar
- cocoa powder
- 30 grams unsalted pistachios (chopped)
- heavy whipping cream (25 cl.)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- milk chocolate (or Dark)
- 1 pint raspberries
- 20 grams pistachios (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 110 degrees Celsius.
- In a saucepan, over low heat, cook the sugar and egg whites, stirring so until the sugar is dissolved and reaches a temperature of 37C. When the temperature is reached, beat the egg whites at high speed with the electric mixer until stiff.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the egg white mixture.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and pistachios.
- With a small spoon, gently marble the meringue with pistachios and cocoa.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- With the electric mixer, combine cream and confectioners sugar. Beat the cream at high speed until stiff.
- Coarsely break the meringues.
- To assemble, in a dessert glass, add a layer of whipped cream, top with crushed meringues and chocolate shavings, raspberries, and pistachios.
- Repeat a second layer and finish with chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
|Calories490Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.