Il Bonet is a flan like pudding from the Piedmont region of Italy. In the regional dialect, Il Bonet means 'hat'. Commonly prepared in a rectangular mold, this pudding can also be prepared in a mold shape of your choice. It is a simple dessert to ma…
e and features the rich flavors of cocoa and caramel. Top with amaretti basics and you will have an elegant dessert with a luxurious texture that is sure to impress.
- 150 grams sugar
- 2 tablespoons caramel
- 100 grams amaretti biscuits (+ extra for garnish)
- 50 grams cocoa powder
- 4 eggs (medium)
- 500 grams whole milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C.
- Place the 2 tbsp. sugar in a pudding mold and gently heat until it caramelizes. Ensure it covers the entire base of the mold. leave to cool.
- Crush the amaretti biscuits in the food processor. Alternatively, place in a plastic and smash with a rolling pin.
- Beat the eggs with the remaining sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the biscuit crumbs and cocoa powder and mix well with a wooden spoon, taking care not to take in too much air.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture to the pudding mold.
- Heat some water in a large baking tray, about 3/4 full.
- Cook for 45 minutes–1 hour. Do not allow the water to boil.
- Leave to cool completely and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before removing from the mold.
|Calories450Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.