Chocolate Pots de Creme with Passion Caramel, Candied Ginger and LicheesOn dine chez Nanou
Exotic fruit embedded in a chocolate gelatin. Featuring both passion and lychee fruit, you’ll get a mixture of sweet, creaminess, with just a hint of hot spice from the ginger. The flavors are intense – you may want to have water on hand. Dial this up for your boss when you need to impress, but be warned, once word gets around, everyone will be clamoring for your recipe. You will want to make this often.
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- 235 milliliters heavy cream
- 35 milliliters passion fruit juice
- 25 grams salted butter
- 100 grams ginger
- 300 milliliters water
- 1 lemon juice
- 120 grams chocolate (64% Valrhona Taïnori, using a high quality chocolate is really important)
- 125 milliliters milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 lychees
- 1First, prepare the passion caramel. In a heavy saucepan, slowly cook 100 grams of granulated sugar to make a light caramel. Off the heat add the 35 milliliters of heavy cream and the passion fruit juice (warning, projections may occur).
- 2Whisk well and cook over low heat again if necessary, to obtain a homogeneous caramel.
- 3Add 25 grams of diced salted caramel and mix until fully blended. Refrigerate for at least for 2 hours.
- 4Then, prepare the candied ginger. Peel the ginger, cut it into 2 to 3 millimeters cubes.
- 5In a saucepan, boil the water.
- 6Pour the diced ginger and cook gently for 2 hours, adding a little water if necessary.
- 7Then pour the lemon juice and set aside.
- 8Finally, prepare the pots de creme.
- 9Preheat oven at 140 degrees Celsius.
- 10In a bowl, cut the chocolate into pieces.
- 11Boil the milk, 200 milliliters of heavy cream, and 100 grams of sugar in a saucepan.
- 12Pour it while hot, over the chocolate.
- 13Stir with a wooden spatula.
- 14When mixture is smooth, add the egg yolks and mix again. Pour into ramekins.
- 15Place them on a dish filled with hot water to cook them in a bain marie.
- 16Cover with an aluminum foil and bake it 30 minutes.
- 17The consistency should be firm but slightly woobly
- 18Let cool at room temperature, do not put them in the refrigerator.
- 19On each pot, drop a spoonful of passion fruit caramel, a small teaspoon of ginger, and one lychee.
PER SERVING *
|Calories640Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.