Chocolate Pie with Caramelized AlmondsOn dine chez Nanou
If you are in charge of bringing pie to the next holiday dinner, party, special occasion, or celebration, then try this Chocolate Pie with Caramelized Almonds. It is bursting with decadence. It takes 75 minutes to prepare this delicious dessert that combines buttery goodness with salty almonds and decadent dark chocolate. Everyone will beg you to give them the recipe for this creamy confection. Why not get the ingredients now?
- 150 grams butter
- 30 grams sugar
- 60 grams powdered sugar
- 1 eggs
- 280 grams flour
- 70 grams almonds (sticks)
- 50 grams sugar
- 225 grams dark chocolate (cut into small pieces)
- 170 grams almond milk
- 35 grams butter (soft)
- 1In a mixer bowl, knead the butter, add the sugars, and a pinch of salt. Stir in the egg. Gradually pour in the flour, and mix.
- 2Form a ball, cover with stretched plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Remove from refrigerator, and let dough rest for about 20 minutes at room temperature before spreading it on a floured surface.
- 4Spread the dough in a pie pan, cut off the edges.
- 5Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before baking covered with parchment paper.
- 6Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 7Remove from refrigerator, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 180 C.
- 8In a pan, heat almonds and sugar to get a caramel and coat almonds.
- 9Place almonds on parchment paper to cool and harden.
- 10Boil milk in a saucepan, add chopped chocolate.
- 11Let rest for 3 minutes, stir with a wooden spoon and add butter.
- 12Wait for 5 minutes before pouring ganache in the pie pastry.
- 13Place half the almonds on the pastry dough, cover with chocolate ganache.
- 14Let rest at room temperature for 2 hours.
- 15Just before serving, arrange the remaining caramelized almonds on top of the pie for decoration.
- 16Don't let the ganache harden in a cool place, it might crack. On the other hand, once it's made, you may keep it in the refrigerator until it's ready to serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1170Calories from Fat600|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat600|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.