If you are in charge of bringing pie to the next holiday dinner, party, special occasion, or celebration, then try this Chocolate Pie with Caramelized Almonds. It is bursting with decadence. It takes 75 minutes to prepare this delicious dessert that combines buttery goodness with salty almonds and decadent dark chocolate. Everyone will beg you to give them the recipe for this creamy confection. Why not get the ingredients now?
- 150 grams butter
- 30 grams sugar
- 60 grams icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 280 grams flour
- 70 grams almond (sticks)
- 50 grams sugar
- 225 grams dark chocolate (cut into small pieces)
- 170 grams almond milk
- 35 grams butter (soft)
- In a mixer bowl, knead the butter, add the sugars, and a pinch of salt. Stir in the egg. Gradually pour in the flour, and mix.
- Form a ball, cover with stretched plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator, and let dough rest for about 20 minutes at room temperature before spreading it on a floured surface.
- Spread the dough in a pie pan, cut off the edges.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before baking covered with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Remove from refrigerator, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 180 C.
- In a pan, heat almonds and sugar to get a caramel and coat almonds.
- Place almonds on parchment paper to cool and harden.
- Boil milk in a saucepan, add chopped chocolate.
- Let rest for 3 minutes, stir with a wooden spoon and add butter.
- Wait for 5 minutes before pouring ganache in the pie pastry.
- Place half the almonds on the pastry dough, cover with chocolate ganache.
- Let rest at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, arrange the remaining caramelized almonds on top of the pie for decoration.
- Don't let the ganache harden in a cool place, it might crack. On the other hand, once it's made, you may keep it in the refrigerator until it's ready to serve.
|Calories1170Calories from Fat600|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat600|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.