Chocolate Pie Crust with a Peach FillingLe ricette di Micol
Made with a combination of almond and wheat flour, the chocolate flavored pie crust for this Chocolate Pie Crust with a Peach Filling makes the perfect base for any pie. Filled with a rich peach and marsala wine filling, this chocolate and peach pie perfectly blends the light and sweet flavors with darker, richer flavors. Prepare the dough at least three hours prior to baking in order to let it chill, however letting the pastry dough chill overnight is preferable.
- 110 grams salted butter
- 80 grams powdered sugar
- 40 grams almond flour
- 1 eggs
- 290 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (bittersweet, powdered)
- 300 grams peaches (canned)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ounce marsala wine
- 1To prepare the pie crust, combine the butter and the sugar into a sandy-like mixture.
- 2Add the almond flour, the egg, and the flour sifted previously with the powdered cocoa.
- 3Knead quickly until the dough is smooth and uniform in consistency.
- 4Shape the dough into a disk, cover it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 3 hours, but overnight is recommended.
- 5To prepare the filling, cut the peaches not too thinly, and place the slices in a pan with the sugar, cook on medium heat.
- 6As soon as the liquid has evaporated, add the Marsala wine and cook until a caramel has formed in the pan.
- 7Turn off the heat and cool slightly.
- 8To complete the pie, divide the dough into two parts, one slightly larger than the other.
- 9Roll out the larger piece and place it in a wax paper-lined pie plate.
- 10Add the peach filling, then roll out the smaller piece of dough and cover the pie.
- 11Seal the pie edge all around using your fingers or a fork.
- 12Make 4 incisions in the pie crust for the steam and add a sprinkling of granulated sugar and, if you like, a few pieces of butter.
- 13Bake the pie at 180C for approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- 14Remove the pie from the oven and cool it completely.
PER SERVING *
|Calories690Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.