Made with a combination of almond and wheat flour, the chocolate flavored pie crust for this Chocolate Pie Crust with a Peach Filling makes the perfect base for any pie. Filled with a rich peach and marsala wine filling, this chocolate and peach pie perfectly blends the light and sweet flavors with darker, richer flavors. Prepare the dough at least three hours prior to baking in order to let it chill, however letting the pastry dough chill overnight is preferable.
- 110 grams salted butter
- 80 grams powdered sugar
- 40 grams almond flour
- 1 egg
- 290 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (bittersweet, powdered)
- 300 grams peaches (canned)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ounce marsala wine
- To prepare the pie crust, combine the butter and the sugar into a sandy-like mixture.
- Add the almond flour, the egg, and the flour sifted previously with the powdered cocoa.
- Knead quickly until the dough is smooth and uniform in consistency.
- Shape the dough into a disk, cover it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 3 hours, but overnight is recommended.
- To prepare the filling, cut the peaches not too thinly, and place the slices in a pan with the sugar, cook on medium heat.
- As soon as the liquid has evaporated, add the Marsala wine and cook until a caramel has formed in the pan.
- Turn off the heat and cool slightly.
- To complete the pie, divide the dough into two parts, one slightly larger than the other.
- Roll out the larger piece and place it in a wax paper-lined pie plate.
- Add the peach filling, then roll out the smaller piece of dough and cover the pie.
- Seal the pie edge all around using your fingers or a fork.
- Make 4 incisions in the pie crust for the steam and add a sprinkling of granulated sugar and, if you like, a few pieces of butter.
- Bake the pie at 180C for approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and cool it completely.
|Calories690Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.