- 9 inches deep dish pie crust (homemade or store bought, cooked and ready for filling)
- chocolate extract (**I used Nielsen-Massey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cornstarch (I used ARGO Cornstarch)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey\'s)
Vega 16 Apr
I love these recipes
Jjh 24 Dec 2017
It doesn't work because of 3 cups of milk.
Rachel Wanzer 20 Aug 2017
Pretty easy to make. Make sure you have a 9" pie plate. I used a 9.5" and had to make more chocolate filling.
Allan R. 1 Jul 2017
Amazing. And the 24 hours worked a treat. I made two smaller pies, and served it with candied citrus and creme fraiche. And, who knew about chocolate extract?!
Kayla 9 Jun 2017
Definitely tastes better after it has been in the fridge overnight! Would definitely make again!