Chocolate Peanut Torte with Chocolate Peanut FrostingKitchenAid
- 3/4 cup butter (or margarine, softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 ounces almond paste
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ounces almond paste
- 1 1/3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 4 squares semisweet chocolate (1 ounce each, melted)
- 1Beat butter, sugar and almond paste with electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. With mixer
- 2running, add eggs, one at a time, beating 15 seconds after each addition. Stop and scrape bowl.
- 3Turn mixer to medium-low speed and gradually add graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking
- 4powder; beat 1 minute more. Stir in peanuts, mixing just until blended.
- 5Pour batter into a 9-inch springform pan which has been lined with waxed paper and greased. Bake at
- 6350°F for 50 to 55 minutes.
- 7Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- 8When cool, slice cake in thirds to form three layers. Frost with Chocolate Peanut Frosting.
- 9Beat butter, powdered sugar and almond paste with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or
- 10until creamy. Stop and scrape bowl.
- 11Add peanut butter and chocolate. Turn to medium-high speed and beat 2 minutes, until fluffy.