Chocolate-Peanut Butter Banana Pops
If you’re a sucker for chocolate peanut butter cups, you’ll love these frosty, kid-friendly pops. To coat them you make your own “magic shell” ice cream topping using coconut oil to help the chocolate magically harden when it touches the frozen bananas. Note that you’ll need 8 miniature (2 1/2 inch) craft sticks, available online and at craft stores. You’ll have leftover melted chocolate and peanut butter chips after dunking the bananas. Feel free to pour both onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and swirl together for the easiest chocolate-peanut butter bark (store it in the fridge). The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- Cut bananas in half crosswise. Insert a 2 ½-inch craft stick into the cut ends and place bananas on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Freeze until they feel quite firm when pressed, 2 hours.
- Place chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons coconut oil in a 2-cup liquid measuring cup. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Stir, then microwave on HIGH in 15-second intervals, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted and smooth, about 60 seconds total. In a 1-cup liquid measuring cup, combine peanut butter chips and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil. Microwave on HIGH for 15 seconds. Stir, then microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring after each, until the peanut butter chips are melted and smooth, about 45 seconds total.
- Remove bananas from freezer. Dip bananas into chocolate, allowing any excess to drip off, and return to the parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle top sides of each banana with melted peanut butter chips and add sprinkles.
- Serve pops immediately, or return to the freezer until topping is firm, about 15 minutes, then seal in a zip-top bag and freeze up to 3 days.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories190Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.