- 13 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life mini chips)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter (creamy salted, well stirred)
- 1/3 cup grape jelly (or your favorite flavor)
- Prepare 24 mini cupcake liners on a baking sheet sized to fit your freezer. Note: You will need a total of 2 hrs of chill time for this recipe.
- For melting chocolate: set a sauce pan over medium heat containing about an inch of water, then place a glass, or heat proof bowl over the sauce pan. Careful not to let the simmering water touch the bowl.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil, stir to combine.
- When completely melted, carefully remove from saucepan and set aside to cool for a minute.
- Note: I find that lining a mini cupcake pan - rather than have each mini free standing - cumbersome since finger marks usually will end up on the chocolate.
- Using a ½ tablespoon measuring spoon, pour measured melted chocolate into each mini cupcake liner.
- When done transfer to the freezer.
- Freeze for about an hour, until hardened.
- Set remaining melted chocolate aside for later.
- Meanwhile, scoop peanut butter into a sandwich sized ziploc bag and cut a ¼ inch hole off one corner (make sure it’s not dripping in oil, if so add 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar as Love and Lemons does.
- My peanut butter is a no-stir type and relatively “oil free” with only peanuts and salt as the ingredients).
- Scoop jelly into another sandwich bag and do the same. When bottom layer has hardened, pipe about ½ of a teaspoons worth of peanut butter in the center of each cup. Then freeze all the cups for 15 minutes and repeat with jelly. I did more like a heaping ½ teaspoon of jelly.
- Note: No need to measure this out; just eyeball it and keep the peanut butter and jelly in the center as much as you can.
- Pour another ½-1 tablespoon of the remaining melted chocolate (we are not using tempered chocolate here since we all plan to eat these in a matter of minutes! hehe) to cover fully. Make sure to fill any open areas along the cupcake liners.
- Freeze another 30 minutes to an hour until hardened.
- Thaw at room temperature or refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before eating to allow the peanut butter to soften up.
|Calories120Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|