- 1 1/3 cups unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Orange (grated rind)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Beat butter and powdered sugar until pale and creamy. Reduce speed, add vanilla and orange rind and mix well. Divide creamed mixture in half and place in two separate bowls.
- Add 1 cup of sifted flour and 1 tablespoon of orange juice to one bowl of creamed mixture and mix to form a dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured board. Knead gently to form a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining sifted flour, orange juice and cocoa to remaining creamed mixture and mix to form a dough. Knead to form a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes
- Roll out each piece of dough separately between two sheets of parchment paper to form a 9 x 12 inch rectangle. Transfer orange sheet of dough onto a baking sheet, leaving parchment paper underneath. Lay chocolate dough directly on top. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Starting at long edge, roll up dough, using paper as a support. Chill for 30 minutes, until firm
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut dough into 1/8 inch slices and arrange on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until golden. Cool completely on wire racks.
|Calories70Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.