Chocolate NestsLa Cocina de Babel
Aptly called chocolate nests, these light vanilla sugar cookies feature a well of dark chocolate in the center. Baked with a slight indentation, these cookies are then filled with a mixture of dark chocolate, maple syrup, and butter for a rich chocolatey center. Each bite will contain the harmonious flavors and textures of rich chocolate ganache and a light and buttery sugar cookie. This recipe has instructions for dough preparation in a food processor.
- 230 grams butter (at room temperature, cut into small pieces)
- 200 grams powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 350 grams flour (T 55, substitute with bread flour)
- 170 grams dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 175C.
- 2Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- 3Blend in the food processor the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla until thoroughly blended.
- 4Add the flour and blend again for a few seconds.
- 5Increase the speed until the mixture forms a dough.
- 6Roll into little dough balls the size of a dessert spoon.
- 7Place on the baking tray and leave a space of 3 centimeters between each one.
- 8If the dough appears too soft, place in the refrigerator for a few minutes so as to maintain its shape during cooking.
- 9Cook in batches if necessary. Cool the tray between bakes with some cold water before baking again.
- 10Prepare a bowl with cold water.
- 11Cook the biscuits for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- 12Dip a thumb in cold water, dry it and gently press down into each biscuit to form a well in the center.
- 13Return to the oven and cook for 7–9 minutes, until the edges turn golden.
- 14Keep the cold water ready in case a well needs to re-formed. In which case repeat step 12.
- 15Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- 16Melt the chocolate with the 90 grams butter and the maple syrup in a microwave on medium heat, stopping every minute to stir until completely melted.
- 17Fill each one of the wells with the melted chocolate and leave to set.
- 18Store in a cake tin with parchment paper between each layer.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1180Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.