Napolitanas, pain au chocolat, chocolate croissant. In whatever language you say it, these pastries remain a tasty and luxurious treat of the local bakery or patisserie. Now you can bring this tasty treat into your kitchen. With instruction for prep…
ration of puff pastry in a mixer, you will feel yourself slowly but surely becoming a pastry chef. The flavor of chocolate you use for the filling is up to you. For a rich decadent chocolate flavor, use dark or semi-sweet chocolate. For a lighter flavor, use milk chocolate. For a uniquely sweet flavor, use white chocolate.
- 300 milliliters milk (warmed)
- 500 grams all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 25 grams sugar
- 55 grams butter
- 7 grams dry active yeast (instant)
- 2 bars chocolate (flavor of your choice)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- In the bowl of a kitchen stand mixer add in the milk and cover the milk with all the flour. Then add the salt, sugar, and 55 grams of butter. Make a well in the center and add the yeast. Using the dough hook attachment, turn the machine on and let it mix until everything comes together.
- Pour the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and mash it flat. Roll it out into a rectangle of 35 by 18 centimeter Viewing from the widest side, fold the top 1/3 of the dough over the middle 1/3 of the dough.
- Spread the remaining 225 grams of butter over the exposed dough then fold the bottom 1/3 of the dough over the middle 1/3 of the dough.
|Calories260Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.