Think of this recipe as an ode to that childhood favorite: chocolate mousse. This rich and silky smooth concoction is simply unsurpassed when it comes to spoonable desserts. In this version, 70 percent dark chocolates lends intense flavor, aided and abetted by instant coffee granules and dark brown sugar. What else would you possibly want to garnish these truffle-like treats than fresh strawberries? Perhaps a dollop of unsweetened whipped cream.
- 1 chocolate bars (70% cocoa)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon coffee (instant soluble)
- 6 eggs
- strawberries (to taste)
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
- Add the sugar, coffee, and egg yolks, mixing it all well.
- Cook mixture in the water bath for a few minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then gently mix into the previous mixture.
- Distribute the mousse evenly between individual bowls and serve with fresh strawberries.