Chocolate Mousse with Pepper and HoneyMarmita
If you want an easy and unexpected way to perk up chocolatey desserts, add a pinch (or more) of freshly ground black pepper. It's a spice, after all, just like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, and pepper can add an extra dimension to sweets in the same way it does for savory foods. This ethereal mousse is sweetened with honey, which pairs perfectly with the pepper, and made with milk chocolate.
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 chocolate bars (and milk, 100g)
- 1Melt the chocolate with the butter over low heat. Beat the egg whites until firm.
- 2Add the yolks to the melted chocolate along with the pepper and honey.
- 3Add the chocolate mixture to the whites and fold carefully.
- 4Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or in the freezer for 40 minutes.