Nothing like a Chocolate Mousse with Pears Baked in Rooibos Jelly Tea to brghten up your day. This Chocolate Mousse with Pears Baked in Rooibos Jelly Tea recipe also makes for a perfect childrens lunch. Prepare this Chocolate Mousse with Pears Baked in Rooibos Jelly Tea recipe the night before and pack in your kids lunchboxes. You will not be let down by this Chocolate Mousse with Pears Baked in Rooibos Jelly Tea recipe. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or give this Chocolate Mousse with Pears Baked in Rooibos Jelly Tea recipe a star rating so others can follow along!
- 1 liter water
- 1 tablespoon teas (Rooibos)
- 800 grams sugar
- 1 pinch vanilla sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 pectin (sachets of)
- pears (to taste, Depends on the number of people to serve and must be neither too mature nor too green)
- 250 grams chocolate (tablet for cooking)
- 125 grams margarine
- 6 eggs
- 130 grams brown sugar
- Make a normal tea allowing the water to boil then add the tea.
- Let it rest for a few minutes, then strain and let it cook until it boils again.
- Add the pectin, mix well and then add both sugars and the ginger powder.
- Peel the pears, leaving behind only the stem and dip in the tea. Let they coke until the water gets the consistency of jam (about 15 minutes), or remove the fruit as soon as cooked but keep stirring.
- Remove the pears and set aside and keep the jam in previously sterilized jars.
- In a bowl, place the chocolate and butter and melt in a double boiler, stirring constantly.
- Separate the yolks from the whites and beat the egg yolks with the sugar. Add the chocolate mixture gradually and in a wire and keep stirring. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Beat the egg whites and involve gently and without beating to the previous mixture.
- Keep then in the fridge at least 2 hours.
- Serve the pears with the jam, chocolate mousse and decorate to taste (I decorated with dried tea flowers and a sprig of chocolate mint).