This is a recipe for chocolate aficionados that can easily be handled by even the most amateur baker. Mousses are known for their creamy texture, so you will surely appreciate this cake’s true chocolate mousse taste, texture, and appearance, which are wonderfully complemented with a lovely hazelnut taste and smell. You will need about 35 minutes to complete the mixture, but once that’s done, you can sit back and relax while the refrigerator finishes giving it the final touches.
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (optional)
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatin
- 200 grams dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa, 200 grams)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- hazelnuts (for garnishing, or walnuts or almonds, crushed)
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and the coffee, until the mixture gets whitish and frothy.
- Put two tablespoons of water in the microwave. As soon as it starts to boil, remove, and add powdered gelatin. Stir well, so that it dissolves.
- Melt the chocolate with the margarine in a water bath, add the diluted gelatin, and stir.
- Whisk the egg whites until very firm.
- Add chocolate mixture to the egg yolks, mix well. Gently mix in the egg whites, without beating.
- Place in small bowls or in a large bowl. Refrigerate for a few hours.
- When serving, sprinkle with coarsely smashed hazelnuts.
PER SERVING *
|Calories540Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.