Chocolate mousse is a rich and decadent dessert. It is creamy and dreamy. This Chocolate Mousse Cake will tantalize the taste buds and create a party for your mouth. You will need five hours for prep time. This recipe, which has 360 calories per serving, is perfect for a holiday, dinner party, pot luck, or backyard barbecue. We think everyone will love this sweet treat so much, they will want this at their next party.
- 10 chocolate cookies (with filling, preferably Oreo cookies)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 180 grams chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Crush the cookies in a bowl, melt the butter and add it to the bowl. Mix everything well and cover the base of a baking pan with the cookie crumbs.
- Place the baking pan in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the pan and let the crust cool off completely.
- Mix the chocolate, vanilla, salt, and 1/2 cup of the heavy whipping cream in a bowl.
- Put the bowl in the microwave at 40 second intervals, mixing after each session, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Let the chocolate sit for a few minutes, mixing intermittently until completely cool.
- Once the chocolate is at room temperature, add the remaining portion of heavy whipping cream and sugar, and quickly whisk the chocolate by hand or with an electric mixer until thickened.
- Cover the crust completely with the chocolate mousse, and refrigerate for 4–5 hours.
|Calories360Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.