The party is next week and you want to bring something decadent and delicious. This recipe for Chocolate Mousse Baked Like a Cake combines the rich and creamy textures and flavors of 70-percent dark chocolate and cocoa powder and turns them into a cake-like dessert that will tantalize the taste buds and bring everyone back for seconds. Be sure to pick up the ingredients this week so you can surprise your family with a wonderful dessert.
- 175 grams dark chocolate
- 140 grams salted butter (softened)
- 7 eggs
- 210 grams granulated sugar
- 35 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees Celsius.
- Grease and flour a pan 24 to 26 centimeters in diameter. (I divided the dough into two cake pans with each a 15 centimeter diameter)
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie, then add the butter. Mix until you get a smooth and warm texture. Set aside.
- Break the eggs, separating the whites from the yolks.
- Whisk the egg yolks with 150 grams of granulated sugar until the mixture whitens. Pour the mixture into the melted chocolate. Stir in the cocoa powder, and mix.
- Whisk the whites until stiff and foamy with the remaining granulated sugar. Incorporate them in three increments into the previous preparation while mixing gently.
- Pour the batter into the pan (or pans) up to 1 centimeter from the top edge and bake for about 20-25 minutes. The center must remain moist.