Chocolate Charlotte is a sweet and fun dessert that is perfect for the next party, holiday celebration or special event. This rich recipe combines 51-percent dark chocolate with slivered almonds and fresh cherries. Be sure to add these sweet ingredients to your next grocery shopping trip so you can surprise your loved ones with a sweet treat after a wonderful Sunday dinner. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- 2 gelatin sheet
- 4 eggs
- 75 grams granulated sugar
- 180 grams dark chocolate (51 %)
- 150 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup cherries (fresh)
- Line a cake pan with parchmnent paper.
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites and place them in two different bowls.
- Whisk the yolks with the sugar until the mixture triples the volume.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Add the butter gradually. When it is fully incorporated, remove the pan from the double boiler and add the softened gelatin while mixing.
- Pour the chocolate into the yolk and sugar mixture and stir.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture until homogenous.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and let cool for 6 hours.
- In a dry, non-stick pan, fry the flaked almonds, stirring constantly. Once they start to brown, remove from heat and continue to stir. Allow them to cool down.
- Unmold the marquise, decorate it with cherries and sprinkle with toasted almonds.