Chocolate Log CakeOn dine chez Nanou
This loaf cake makes the most of the microwave, first to melt the chocolate and butter that goes into the batter, and then to “bake” the batter itself, in much less time than a conventional oven. The simple frosting is made by mixing melted hazelnut brittle (again, in the microwave) with crumbled chocolate tuiles, so it has a bit of crunch in every bite. The assembled cake can be refrigerated for up to a day before serving.
- 200 grams semisweet chocolate (pieces)
- 200 grams unsalted butter
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 200 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 400 grams hazelnuts (or peanut brittle)
- 1 box cookies (gavotte, chocolate crepe cookies)
- 1In a small bowl, place the chocolate in pieces and the butter, melt them in the microwave for about 2 minutes and mix.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix the eggs and sugar until well incorporated, add the melted chocolate, then the flour and baking powder.
- 3Mix well to obtain a smooth batter.
- 4Grease a sheet cake pan with butter and line it with parchment paper. Pour the batter and microwave in High for about 8 to 10 minutes (depending on the power of your microwave).
- 5Remove the cake from pan and remove parchment paper. Let it cool completely before cutting into 2 or 3 layers.
- 6Melt the britlle, crumble the gavotte cookies and mix.
- 7To assemble the cake, arrange the first layer, spread the crispy mixture with a spatula, cover with a second layer and spread with another layer of crispy mixture.
- 8Place third layer and coat the entire cake with the remaining crispy mixture.
- 9Store in a cool place until serving.
- 10Bring it to room temperature at least 30 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1890Calories from Fat1210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat1210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.