This chocolate loaf requires no cooking except for melting the margarine, which can be done in the microwave if you happen to have one. Rather, to make it, you simply crush store-bought cookies (shortbread is a good option here) and whisk the crumbs with cocoa powder and sugar before combining with beaten eggs and finally the cooled margarine (make sure it is no longer warm). Then this mixture is shaped into a ball, wrapped in parchment, and tucked into the refrigerator to harden before slicing and serving.
- 400 grams Maria Biscuits (or shortbread biscuits)
- 125 grams powdered cocoa
- 200 grams white sugar
- 2 small eggs
- 200 grams margarine
- Smash the biscuits in small pieces, and place in a large bowl.
- Add the chocolate and sugar, and mix.
- Add the eggs and mix again.
- Add the melted and cooled margarine.
- Do not mix in the margarine when hot.
- Shape the dough into a ball.
- Place it on top of parchment paper, forming a kind of roll, and compacting well.
- Wrap in the parchment paper and refrigerate so it hardens.
- Slice and serve.