Restaurant-quality molten chocolate lava cakes are easy to make in your own kitchen — and in less that 45 minutes from start to finish! You'll need 4-ounce ramekins to make the recipe, but ramekins that are the same volume can vary in shape, which can impact the baking time. For perfect "lava" centers, start checking for doneness early and add more time as needed until you see an edge that is set and a quarter- to half dollar-sized center that is still dark and pudding-like. Looking for a fancy presentation? Just dust the cakes with powdered sugar and add a few fresh raspberries. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas .
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Spray four 4 oz. ramekins thoroughly with nonstick cooking spray and transfer to a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place the chopped chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave on high in 30-second increments, stirring between each, until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth. Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature for at least 5 minutes.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories570Calories from Fat370
|% DAILY VALUE
|Calories from Fat370
|% DAILY VALUE
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes