Chocolate GemsL'Antro dell'Alchimista
A great way to use up ripe bananas, this cake calls for two of them, mashed with the sweet dessert wine Vin Santo. This mixture is added to the vanilla-laced cake batter. Once the ingredients are thoroughly combined, chocolate chips are carefully folded in and the cake is baked until golden. Before slicing the cake into wedges, dust the surface of it with cinnamon and powdered sugar.
- 285 grams butter (softened)
- 125 grams powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coffee (vanilla-flavored)
- 385 grams flour
- 35 grams cocoa powder
- ground cinnamon
- 1 egg yolks
- 1Cream the butter using a hand mixer, and then add the sugar and vanilla, and mix until smooth.
- 2Sieve the flour with the cocoa powder, and a pinch of cinnamon and salt, and add to the mixture.
- 3Mix vigorously and divide into 2 doughballs.
- 4Allow the dough to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 5Shape each dough ball into a 4-centimeter diameter cylinders. Avoid holes forming in the dough by flattening by hand and then rolling into a cylinder.
- 6Wrap each cylinder in plastic film and leave in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 7Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 8Beat the egg yolk.
- 9Cut the cylinders into 1.5-centimeter thick disks and brush with the egg yolk.
- 10Place on sheet of parchment paper sprinkled with sugar. Turn disks two or three times to allow the sugar crystals to completely cover the disks both sides.
- 11Place on a baking sheet spaced apart.
- 12Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- 13Allow to cool before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1040Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.