Chocolate is a rich and delicious treat that can put a smile on anyone’s face. This recipe for Chocolate Ganache Tart with Caramelized Hazelnuts is so decadent that one bite will easily melt all of your stress away. This recipe combines a rich and b…
ttery tart crust with a dark chocolate filling topped with a decadent caramel sauce and hazelnuts. Be sure to pick up the ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your family with these sweet treats.
- 100 grams butter (soft, diced)
- 80 grams icing sugar
- 40 grams egg
- 200 grams flour
- 270 grams dark chocolate
- 300 milliliters cream (liquid)
- 30 grams honey
- 100 grams butter
- 60 grams sugar
- 30 grams water
- 8 whole hazelnuts
- Pie Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place butter, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add egg and flour, mix until a ball is formed.
- Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Once the dough has rested, roll out and place in a 9 inch pie pan.
- Prick the dough with a fork, and bake for 20 to 25 min.
- Once it has cooled a bit, set aside in the refrigerator.
- Chocolate Ganache:
- Break the chocolate into small pieces in a bowl.
- Boil the cream with the honey.
- Pour cream mixture over the chocolate. Carefully mix using a spatula, be careful not to create air bubbles as you mix. Finally, add butter. The ganache must be perfectly smooth.
- Pour ganache into the pie crust.
- Let the ganache stiffen first at room temperature, then in refrigerator.
- Caramelized Hazelnuts:
- Prick each hazelnuts with a toothpick.
- Prepare the caramel by heating sugar and water over medium heat.
- Bring to boil, then reduce the heat. Simmer without stirring until the caramel browns.
- Remove saucepan from heat, wait until caramel stops bubbling and is lukewarm before using.
- Dip the hazelnuts in the slightly thickened caramel. If caramel hardens, warm over medium heat.
- Place hazelnuts on a parchment paper to cool.
- Remove the toothpicks, and place hazelnut decoration on the pie.