Rich, dense, and chocolatey, in the best way: The fudgelike filling for this memorable pie is made with melted dark chocolate chips, heavy cream, eggs, and brown sugar--and would make a delicious pudding, simmered until thickened on the stovetop. But it's even better when poured into the pie shell and baked until your kitchen smells incredible. Blind-baking the crust keeps it from getting soggy once filled, so don't skip this step.
- 250 grams flour
- 100 grams butter
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 egg (+ 1 egg yolk)
- 150 grams dark chocolate chips
- 160 grams butter (cut into pieces, and at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (optional)
- 260 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs (lightly beaten)
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Place the flour in the food processor and add the butter, sugar, and eggs, pulse for a few seconds with the addition of each ingredient until the mixture comes together into a ball.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and cover it in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a sheet approximately 3 to 4 millimeters in thickness.
- Line a pie plate with wax paper which has been wet and then wrung, add the sheet of pie crust, removing the excess dough with a knife. Make holes in the bottom, cover the dough with a sheet of wax paper, add dried beans and bake the crust for approximately 12 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170 C.
- Melt the chocolate, butter, and cream in a heavy bottom saucepan over a double boiler, stirring constantly until fluid and creamy, then set it aside to cool.
- Place the sugar in a bowl, add the flour, vanilla extract, and eggs, and stir carefully.
- Add the chocolate cream, stir well and place the mixture in the pie crust.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Cool the pie completely, place it on a serving platter and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1480Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.