Chocolate Fondant and MarsChloé Delice
If you have a double boiler and you are itching to make a decadent chocolate arrangement for family or friends, then be sure to try this recipe for Chocolate Fondant and Mars bars. This rich and creamy sweet treat will satisfy any craving. The recipe uses 70-percent dark chocolate for the main ingredient, topped with icing sugar and Mars candy bars, this delicious dessert is perfect for any special occasion. In fact, why not make this weekend a special occasion and surprise your family.
- 350 grams 70% cacao chocolate
- 160 grams butter
- 10 grams flour
- 60 grams powdered sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 Mars Candy Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Melt diced chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
- 3Once melted, pour into a bowl, and stir in flour and sugar.
- 4Separate the yolks from the egg whites, and add the yolks, one at a time, to the chocolate and flour mixture.
- 5In a second bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites in with chocolate mixture.
- 6Pour into a mold. Sprinkle with pieces of Mars bars.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes.
- 8Let cool 5 minutes before removing from the mold.
- 9Serve with custard or a scoop of ice cream.