When the sweet tooth is calling, and you want to answer with a rich and flavorful cake that everyone will love, then try this recipe for Chocolate Fondant Cake. This decadent cake is moist an delicious. Feel free to sprinkle it with icing sugar, frosting, or ganache, and then decorate according to the occasion. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this cake as much as we do. Enjoy!
- 375 grams chocolate
- 185 grams butter
- 3 tablespoons espelette powder
- 335 grams sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a saucepan, melt the chopped chocolate with the butter on low heat until smooth.
- Once the mixture is smooth, add the Espelette pepper powder and mix well.
- In a bowl, combine sugar and flour.
- Separate egg yolks and whites
- Add the yolks to the sugar-flour mixture and whisk for 3 minutes constantly. Then add the melted butter-chocolate mixture. Stir to a smooth mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Then gently fold into the batter using a spatula.
- Line the bottom of a cake pan with parchment paper and grease the bottom and sides of the pan with butter.
- Sprinkle a little flour in the pan and tap it to form a thin flour layer and remove the excess flour.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and decorate to taste.