Delicate butter cookies are accented with fresh mint, which adds a ton of flavor. Melted, dark chocolate is the perfect accent to the mint and cookies and makes them a stunning dessert. Try these with a warm cup of coffee as a mid-afternoon treat or enjoy them at the end of a meal for a simple and delicious dessert. If you want something a little more rich, a scoop of vanilla ice cream is perfect topped with one of these cookies.
- 100 grams butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup fresh mint (minced)
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (or chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar until fluffy. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk to the butter mixture, mixing after each addition and ending with the dry.
- When combined, stir in the mint.
- Form the dough into 2 logs, each 14 centimeters in length. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, approximately 2 hours.
- Remove from oven and slice into cookies approximately 1/2 centimeter thick. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper approximately 2 centimeters apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until slightly golden on the edges and on the bottom. Let cool.
- Melt the chocolate and the shortening together in the microwave. Dip one end of each cookie into the chocolate. Let cool on parchment paper before serving.
|Calories170Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.