Chocolate-rich, clove-scented dough is used to make these special, diamond-shaped cookies, which feature honey for sweetness. Once baked, they're dipped in melted dark chocolate, which hardens to form an indulgent glaze. Unlike most cookies, which are best eaten fresh, these actually benefit from sitting a few days before serving. Store them in an airtight container on the counter if you do choose to wait. Enjoy them with a mug of hot chocolate for an over-the-top experience.
- 1 kilogram cake flour
- 250 milliliters water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 100 grams honey
- 500 grams dark chocolate (melted)
- In a stand mixer, add flour, water, coffee, cinnamon, cloves, baking powder, eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, and honey. Mix until well combined.
- Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Spread out the dough and cut into diamond shapes, not too thin.
- Place on a lined baking tray and cook for maximum of 7 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- When cool, dip into the melted chocolate, and leave to drip on a rack.
- They are best eaten a few days later when the honey has made them soft.