Make these festive treats for all the Valentines in your life. The frosting is simply whipped cream (here from a package mix, but you could make it from scratch if you prefer) that's tinted a lovely shade of pink and then piped using a pastry bag fitted with a star tip (or the tip of your choice) to cover each cupcake. If you are new to piping, it is actually fast and easy to do.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box Chantilly Cream mix
- red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- In a bowl, mix flour, cocoa, sugar and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix milk, oil, egg and vanilla extract.
- Whisk the cocoa mixture and milk mixture together.
- Pour batter into greased and floured wells of cupcake pan.
- Fill each one 3/4 full. Bake for 30 minutes.
- For the frosting, prepare
- Chantilly according to package instructions.
- Tin with desired food coloring and place in a pastry bag.
- Decorate to taste.