Cocoa powder adds intensity, while melted chocolate imparts depth and that moist and somewhat dense quality that you want in any good brownie. Here, that fudginess is also achieved by adding sweetened condensed milk to the batter, and by cooking the brownies in the pan just until they are set on the outside, or longer if you prefer the inside to also be more firm. Melted chocolate is used to pipe on the hearts.
- 75 grams baking chocolate
- 30 grams margarine
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 15 grams all-purpose flour
- 75 grams condensed milk
- 2 medium eggs
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 220°C (approximately 425°F).
- Melt chocolate and margarine in a double boiler or in the microwave and mix well.
- Add cocoa powder, flour and condensed milk.
- Whisk to combine.
- Mix in eggs and stir very well.
- Distribute batter evenly in greased and floured muffin tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 6-7 minutes for moist cupcake or bake for a few additional minutes for well-done cupcake, if desired.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- For the chocolate hearts, break chocolate into small pieces and place inside a plastic bag.
- Place bag inside a bowl full of very hot water, so chocolate melts inside the bag.
- With scissors, cut the tip of the bag and pipe hearts onto parchment paper.
- Refrigerate briefly so that chocolate sets.
- Remove chocolate from fridge, so that white spots do not develop.
- Decorate cupcakes with hearts.