Chocolate CupcakesO Meu Tempero
These sweet treats are festive enough for a birthday party or other celebration, yet they are supremely easy to make. The "frosting" is actually an easy dulce de leche made by cooking a can of sweetened condensed milk until darkened and caramelized and then piping it onto the cooled cupcakes with a pastry bag (or a plastic bag with a corner snipped off) in random patterns (or use your own creativity). Chocolate sprinkles are a fast and fun garnish.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (cooked)
- chocolate sprinkles (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2In a bowl, mix flour, cocoa, sugar and baking powder.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix milk, egg, oil and vanilla extract.
- 4Whisk the flour mixture and egg mixture together.
- 5Pour batter into greased wells of a muffin tin, filling each about 3/4 full.
- 6Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and cool.
- 8Pour condensed milk on top and decorate with chocolate sprinkles, to taste.