Chocolate Cream RingL'Antro dell'Alchimista
About as decadent and easy as it gets, these three-ingredient pastry pinwheels are made from puff pastry that has been spread with cream cheese and topped with garlicky mortadella. Once rolled up, the pastry is sliced at even intervals, placed on a lined baking sheet and transferred to the oven to bake until puffy, flaky and nicely browned. The spirals are yummy served at room temperature or warm, though they should cool enough that the cream cheese doesn't ooze out.
- 210 grams flour
- 7 grams baking powder
- 9 grams vanilla sugar
- 20 grams cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 250 grams superfine sugar
- 90 grams dark chocolate
- 100 grams butter
- 250 grams heavy cream
- 30 grams fruit
- powdered sugar
- 1Chop the chocolate.
- 2Add the flour salt, baking powder, vanilla sugar, and cocoa powder to a bowl through a sieve. Repeat the process.
- 3In another bowl, add the eggs and superfine sugar, and beat with an electric mixer until thick and creamy.
- 4Sprinkle in the flour-cocoa mixture, a little at a time, and gently fold the mixture with a spatula.
- 5Add the chopped chocolate and melted butter in a small pan, making sure that the butter does not separate.
- 6Add the cream and the diced fruit.
- 7Lightly oil and flour a 24-centimeter ringed cake pan. Add the cake batter up to 3/4 full, and leave in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 8Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius for 45 to 50 minutes.
- 9Check that the cake is thoroughly cooked by inserting a toothpick, which should come out clean.
- 10Remove the cake and allow it to cool on a cooling rack.
- 11Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1040Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.