- 28 chocolate wafers (Nabisco, or 1-1/2 cups finely crushed crumbs*)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 cups whole milk
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate (best quality such as Ghirardelli)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (best quality such as Ghirardelli)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream (chilled)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate (grated or shaved)
PER SERVING *
|Calories520Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Julian k. 24 days ago
I mixed the sugar and cornstarch and salt with the eggs yokes and heated the milk and tempered the eggs before i added it to the milk. then added the rest . it has come out so wonderful. happy Thanksgiving! I gave you 3 stars cause i had to change it a little bit.
Mary D. 10 Jul
There’s not enough crust! My filling is sitting about 1/2” above the top of the crust. I suggest doubling the crust recipe because even the bottom is very thin in order to cover the whole bottom. I had to keep shortening the sides to cover the bottom. Also, my filling didn’t thicken. Not really sure why? I heated it while whisking for about 11 minutes + about another 3 minutes after adding the chocolate. Hopefully it tastes good, or I’m changing the rating to 1!
Amy R. 7 Jan
Yum Am making it again
Anne Yon 24 Dec 2017
Great! Very easy! Made a great Santa Claus Pie!
C 23 Nov 2017
Love it!!! Great recipe!