- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats (boxed oatmeal)
- 3/4 cup chocolate bars (dark, semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (or milk chocolate bar cut into tiny)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (for drizzling)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For easier cleanup, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a medium size bowl to blend.
- Using the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat the butter and both sugars on medium til smooth. Add egg. milk and vanilla mixing on low to blend.
- Add flour mixture and oats and stir on low til well mixed. Beat on medium/low for about 15 seconds. Stir in the chocolate chips and cranberries. Mix til thoroughly blended.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonsful onto the prepared sheet 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies on a rack in the center of your oven one sheet at a time until edges are light brown about 15 minutes. Let cool on sheet for about 3 minutes then transfer with a spatula to a cooling rack.
- Melt white chocolate chips over a double boiler or a Pyrex bowl set into a saucepan with 2 inches of water to simmer. Stir chips til melted. Drizzle over the cookies then top with dried cranberries or pecan halves.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1290Calories from Fat600|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat600|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.