- 1 box butter (Duncan Hines, Recipe Fudge Cake Mix)
- 1 box yellow cake mix (Duncan Hines)
- 4 bananas (medium)
- 1 box banana pudding (instant)
- 1 container cream cheese frosting (Duncan Hines Home-Style)
- 1 container butter cream frosting (Duncan Hines Chocolate)
- 1 container cream cheese frosting (Cool Whip)
- 1 box chocolate (Dole, Covered Banana Bites)
- banana chips (Crushed, optional)
- 1 container dipping chocolate (Bakers, melted)
- Prepare two 9" cake pans by spraying with cooking spray and dusting with flour. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mash bananas. Set aside.
- Prepare chocolate cake according to pkg. directions.
- Prepare yellow cake according to pkg. directions, also adding in mashed bananas and pudding, and adding 1/4 cup extra water.
- Pour chocolate cake mix into one prepared pan, and banana cake mix into the other.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Remove, cool on racks 15 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Cool completely before frosting and decorating.
- In a small bowl combine container of cream cheese frosting with Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting. Set aside.
- Divide chocolate cake in two. Place one layer on bottom of plate. Fill with even amount of cream cheese filling. Top with banana cake (undivided). Fill with even amount of filling, top with remaining half of chocolate layer.
- Set aside remaining cream cheese mixture, you will use this for the decorating icing on top.
- Frost cake with chocolate frosting. Decorate sides with banana chips. Place Dole Banana Bites around top of cake. Drizzle melted dipping chocolate over the top. Place remaining cream cheese mixture in the microwave for about ten seconds. Drizzle over cake. Repeat the drizzle twice.
- Chill in refrigerator. Serve cold.