Chocolate Cola CakeLa Cocina de Babel
Yes, you read the name of the recipe right. This cake features a unique ingredient that adds a rich flavor, cola. The cola heated along with melted butter to form the foundation of the dry ingredients. Cocoa powder is also incorporated into the cake batter for a rich chocolatey flavor. The end result is a beautiful rich and moist chocolatey bundt cake. Drizzled over the top is a rich and creamy chocolate frosting making death by chocolate a real possibility.
- 200 grams butter (room temperature)
- 200 grams cola
- 175 grams milk
- 50 grams heavy cream
- 220 grams pastry flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 50 grams cocoa powder (pure)
- 240 grams sugar
- 8 grams granulated sugar
- vanilla extract (splash)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 90 grams dark chocolate (70 percent cacao)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 125 milliliters heavy cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Grease either a Bundt pan or a 22- by 22-centimeter baking pan.
- 3In a Dutch oven, melt 200 grams of butter with the cola. Do not let boil. Cool. Add the milk and heavy cream and stir together.
- 4In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, a pinch of salt, the baking soda, and the cocoa powder. Add the granulated sugar (optional) and vanilla extract (optional) and mix well.
- 5Add the lightly beaten eggs and fold in the butter/cola mixture until there are no lumps.
- 6Pour the batter out into your pan of choice and bake about 40 minutes. Let cool a bit before inverting onto a cooling rack.
- 7Combine the 90 grams of dark chocolate, butter, and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave the mixture in 1 minute intervals, stirring in between until everything has melted together.
- 8Pour the frosting over the cake and let cool completely before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1260Calories from Fat700|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat700|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.