- 2 eggs (3 if they are small)
- 130 grams butter
- 130 grams brown sugar
- 160 grams flour
- 1 packet baking powder
- 20 grams 70% cocoa dark chocolate
- 20 grams cocoa powder
- 50 grams grated coconut
- coconut milk (5 cl.)
- 1. Remove the eggs from the refrigerator 1 hour in advance and soften the butter to room temperature.
- 2. Beat the softened butter and brown sugar in a bowl then add the eggs one at a time, whisking briskly. Add the flour and baking powder and stir vigorously until the batter is uniform.
- 3. Break the chocolate into pieces and gently melt them in a double broiler until smooth.
- 4. Divide the batter in two. Stir in the melted chocolate and cocoa powder in the first half. Add the grated coconut and coconut milk to the other. Let them sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- 5. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- 6. Pour the batter into a buttered and floured loaf pan or a flexible mold, alternating between the two types of batter. Bake for 45 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil when the surface becomes sufficiently colored. Check for doneness by poking the tip of a knife into the cake. It should come out clean.
- 7. Let it cool, unmold it, and continue cooling on a rack. Serve with a creme anglaise made with coconut milk instead of milk.