Finding the best treat for the occasion can be difficult when there are so many recipes for rich and flavorful sweets. This recipe for Chocolate Coconut Macaron Pops and Coconut Bites not only are flavorful, they are also packed with palate pleasing…
ingredients. These bite-size treats are perfect for potlucks, special occasions, celebrations or parties. These also can be made for a spring wedding or outdoor event.
- 150 grams ground almonds
- 150 grams confectioner's sugar
- 50 grams egg whites
- 150 grams sugar
- 50 grams water
- 15 grams sugar
- 200 grams milk chocolate
- shredded coconut (for decoration)
- 2 apples
- 100 grams butter (softened)
- 100 grams confectioner's sugar
- 200 grams sweetened condensed milk
- 225 grams shredded coconut
- In a medium bowl, sift together ground almonds and confectioner's sugar.
- In a small saucepan, cook 150 gr. of sugar and the water to make a syrup. Bring to a boil and heat until it reaches 230F.
- Meanwhile, with an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff. When they are foamy, add 15 gr. sugar. Keep beating until firm.
- When syrup is ready, reduce the speed of the electric mixer and add to egg whites, then gradually increase the speed and beat for about 10 minutes more, until egg whites are cool.
- Preheat the oven to 285F.
- Add the remaining egg whites and the ground almond- sugar mixture. Stir until incorporated.
- Beat until batter is somewhat liquid but not too much.
- Fill a pastry bag with the batter and make macarons by piping small mounds of batter on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let them cool before getting them out of the oven.
- In a bowl, beat butter, and sugar until fluffy.
- Add condensed milk and coconut and stir until a smooth.
- Spread half of macarons with coconut filling and top with the other half.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to set. Then, insert a lollipop stick into each macaroon on the coconut side.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave.
- Dip the macaroons in chocolate, and sprinkle with grated coconut.
- Insert macaron lollipops on the apple halves, and let them set.
- For coconut bites, roll a small teaspoon of remaining coconut filling and shape it into a little ball using your fingers.
- Place the balls in a baking sheet and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Melt more milk chocolate and dip the balls to coat them.
- Then let the chocolate harden in the fridge for 2 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.