- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (natural or Dutch cocoa)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or your favorite liquid sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional, but recommended)
- 2/3 cup chocolate chunks
|Calories360Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Marianna 3 months ago
Made these and turned out so good! Husband couldn’t believe they were homemade. I will definitely keep making them, perhaps trying to cut down on sugar just a bit. Thank you!
Amy T. 2 years ago
Excellent recipe..I added sliced almonds to the dry ingredients ...and a beaten egg white to the wet ingredients.. I will definitely make this again!
Colleen S. 3 years ago
Really like this recipe. I adjusted the sugar down to suit family's taste (from 1/2 cup to 1/3 cup). Will make again and adjust the sugar even more to 1/4 cup. There seems to be enough sweetness due to maple syrup and coconut. Didn't use the coconut extract and there's enough flavor. I used unsweetened shaved coconut as that's what I had on hand. Gives more texture to the granola.
Brian M. 3 years ago
Very nice granola and crunchy. I couldn't believe I made that. I will definitely be experimenting with some variations in the future. I used dark chocolate chunks 😝