Chocolate Cloud CookiesMadeleine Cocina
These cookies are like the classic chocolate chip cookies but they get an extra bit of flavor from almonds added to the batter. These are a great snack for adding to a kid's lunch box or to enjoy with a cold glass of milk after a meal. The cookies can be stored for up to five days, so you can enjoy them day after day. Want an extra special treat? Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream between two cookies.
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cups sugar (mascabado, may substitute dark brown sugar)
- butter (227 grm., room temperature, cubed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almonds (chopped)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- 2Combine the sugars.
- 3Beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugars little by little and then add the vanilla. Beat for 5 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl. It should be fluffy and pale yellow.
- 4 Add the eggs, mixing in little by little.
- 5Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts to the butter mixture, slowly beating to gently mix.
- 6Fold in the almonds and chocolate chips.
- 7Form balls of batter using a mini ice cream scoop and place 5 centimeters apart on parchment paper-lined or silicone baking sheets. Lightly press down each ball of dough with the hand to slightly flatten.
- 8Bake for 12 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and firmly tap it against the counter so that the cookies do not remain puffy. Return to the oven and bake 3 more minutes.
- 9Remove from oven, let cool, and serve.
- 10Keep in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.
PER SERVING *
|Calories130Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.