Chocolate Cinnamon FlanO Meu Tempero
This pudding is baked in a water bath to ensure it achieves the proper consistency and cooks evenly throughout. To prepare the water bath, just set the baking dish in a roasting pan and fill the pan with enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish. Test the pudding for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center; if it comes out clean, the pudding is ready.
- 100 grams sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 150 grams baking chocolate
- 1 package cream
- 4 eggs
- 250 milliliters milk
- margarine (for greasing pan)
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C (approximately 300°F).
- 2Place sugar and cinnamon in a heavy skillet.
- 3Heat over low heat, without stirring, until sugar begins to melt.
- 4Once sugar starts melting, stir constantly and cook until color is uniform.
- 5Remove from heat and let cool for about 1 minute.
- 6Pour caramel into a baking sheet greased with butter.
- 7In a saucepan, heat chocolate and cream over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- 8Remove from heat and let cool. In a bowl, lightly whisk eggs and milk.
- 9Whisk egg mixture into cooled chocolate until smooth.
- 10Pour mixture into baking dish.
- 11Place baking dish in a water bath and bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
- 12Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean.
- 13Serve with slices of fruit, if desired.