This pudding is baked in a water bath to ensure it achieves the proper consistency and cooks evenly throughout. To prepare the water bath, just set the baking dish in a roasting pan and fill the pan with enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish. Test the pudding for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center; if it comes out clean, the pudding is ready.
- 100 grams sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 150 grams baking chocolate
- 1 package cream
- 4 eggs
- 250 milliliters milk
- margarine (for greasing pan)
- Preheat oven to 150°C (approximately 300°F).
- Place sugar and cinnamon in a heavy skillet.
- Heat over low heat, without stirring, until sugar begins to melt.
- Once sugar starts melting, stir constantly and cook until color is uniform.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 1 minute.
- Pour caramel into a baking sheet greased with butter.
- In a saucepan, heat chocolate and cream over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool. In a bowl, lightly whisk eggs and milk.
- Whisk egg mixture into cooled chocolate until smooth.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Place baking dish in a water bath and bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
- Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean.
- Serve with slices of fruit, if desired.