It can be difficult to pick the perfect pastry or confection when up against so many recipes. This truly decadent recipe for Chocolate Chip and Vanilla Muffins is so rich and dreamy, your taste buds should be screaming for a bite right now! The recipe combines the buttery flakiness of the puff pastry with white chocolate and fresh orange juice and creamy mascarpone cheese for a creamy, sweet and rich dessert that will please the palate.
- 320 grams flour
- 50 grams sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 325 milliliters cream
- 175 milliliters milk
- 50 milliliters oil
- 4 tablespoons syrup (vanilla orange blossom pastry)
- 150 grams chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Separate the egg yolk from the egg white. Add the egg yolk to the dry ingredients.
- Add the cream, milk, and oil and mix.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff and fold it into the mixture.
- Add the pastry syrup and chocolate chips. Mix well, without overworking the batter.
- Spoon batter into a muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes or until a knife blade inserted into the middle comes out dry.