Nothing beats a warm gooey cookie fresh from the oven. I only like a certain look on my cookies otherwise they just do not feel right. With thousands of cookie recipes on-line and in some of my recipe books I just could not find my perfect one and after a few tries and mixing and matching and trial and errors I developed my special chocolate chip cookie recipe that is always a hit.
- 115 grams butter
- 58 grams muscovado sugar (light)
- 58 grams caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 175 grams self rising flour
- 200 grams chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Get two baking sheets ready (If you only have one, you can bake this chocolate chip cookie recipe in batches)
- Put the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat well with a wooden spoon until light and ‘fluffy’. You can use an electric whisk if you want
- Add in the vanilla extract and golden syrup.
- Add the flour and mix until almost combined and then add the chocolate chips and mix until fully combined
- Using your hands shape the dough into balls about 33-35grams each and place on baking sheets and leave a lot of space between them because they spread when baked.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until they are a pale brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let the chocolate chip cookies cool for about 2 minutes on the baking sheets and transfer to cooling rack to cool completely or eat them when warm.
PER SERVING *
|Calories730Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.