- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 cup Crisco Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (12 oz. pkg.)
- 14 ounces caramels (unwrapped)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray an 13 x 9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- BEAT shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric on medium speed until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Divide dough in half. Spread half in bottom of prepared pan.
- COMBINE caramels and water in small saucepan; heat over low heat. Stir until caramels melt. Spread over dough in pan to within 1⁄2 inch of edge. Spoon remaining dough over caramel mixture. Spread carefully.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Loosen from sides of pan with knife. Remove pan to cooling rack to cool completely. Cut into 24 bars.