Made using all-purpose and corn flours, this easy cake batter is flavored with lemon juice for brightness. Whipped egg whites that are gently folded into the mix keep the cake light. Meanwhile, whipped cream and ricotta is thickened with unflavored gelatin for a memorably creamy filling that goes between the layers of baked cake. Allow time to refrigerate the assembled dessert overnight. Then, sprinkle it with powdered sugar before serving.
- 125 grams butter
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 300 grams jam
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 150 grams self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 grams white chocolate
- 12 sour cherries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, place the butter and melt on medium heat. Add the dark chocolate and stir with a wooden spoon until the butter and chocolate have melted completely and the mixture is smooth and uniform in consistency.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and cool slightly, then add the jam, sugar, salt, and eggs and mix well.
- Add the flour and vanilla and stir again.
- Fill the cupcake liners to 3/4 full and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Cool the cupcakes on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt the white chocolate and stir. Frost each cupcake and garnish with a cherry on top.
|Calories1020Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.