Cake is a confection that creates conversation and togetherness. This recipe for Chocolate Checkerboard Cake is moist, divine, and decadent. It takes 65 minutes to prepare and will bring smiles to everyone’s faces. When you cut pieces of this sweet…
dessert, you will see the beautiful colors. This cake is perfect for a family event, backyard barbecue, or office pot luck luncheon. We hope you enjoy this decadent cake as much as we do. Happy cooking!
- 4 eggs
- 85 grams chocolate
- 320 milliliters milk
- 400 grams flour
- 360 grams sugar
- 30 grams baking powder
- 5 grams salt
- 220 grams softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 grams chocolate
- 240 grams heavy cream
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, 80 ml. of milk and vanilla, set aside.
- In another bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the remaining milk and softened butter.
- Mix well, then gradually add the egg-milk mixture.
- Whisk vigorously for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Divide the batter in 2.
- In one half add the melted chocolate.
- Fill a pastry bag with each half of batter.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- In a 20X20 cm square cake pan, pipe the batter following the edges of the pan, creating alternating squares.
- Do this to get three cake layers.
- On the first layer: pipe chocolate batter outside, then vanilla, and chocolate in the center. On the second layer: vanilla batter outside, then chocolate then vanilla in the center. Make the third layer similar to the first.
- Bake each cake 20 minutes at 175 C.
- Let each cake cool before turning it out of mold and cooking the next one.
- Pile them up gradually after baking.
- To make the frosting, boil the cream, add the chopped chocolate.
- Wait 3-4 minutes and whisk until smooth.
- Wait 4 minutes before pouring over the cake.
- Let the cake set at room temperature and then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Decorate with chocolate shavings.
|Calories790Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.