Chocolate Checkerboard CakeOn dine chez Nanou
Cake is a confection that creates conversation and togetherness. This recipe for Chocolate Checkerboard Cake is moist, divine, and decadent. It takes 65 minutes to prepare and will bring smiles to everyone’s faces. When you cut pieces of this sweet dessert, you will see the beautiful colors. This cake is perfect for a family event, backyard barbecue, or office pot luck luncheon. We hope you enjoy this decadent cake as much as we do. Happy cooking!
- 4 eggs
- 85 grams chocolate
- 320 milliliters milk
- 400 grams flour
- 360 grams sugar
- 30 grams baking powder
- 5 grams salt
- 220 grams softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 grams chocolate
- 240 grams heavy cream
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, 80 ml. of milk and vanilla, set aside.
- 2In another bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 3Add the remaining milk and softened butter.
- 4Mix well, then gradually add the egg-milk mixture.
- 5Whisk vigorously for 2 minutes until smooth.
- 6Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- 7Divide the batter in 2.
- 8In one half add the melted chocolate.
- 9Fill a pastry bag with each half of batter.
- 10Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- 11In a 20X20 cm square cake pan, pipe the batter following the edges of the pan, creating alternating squares.
- 12Do this to get three cake layers.
- 13On the first layer: pipe chocolate batter outside, then vanilla, and chocolate in the center. On the second layer: vanilla batter outside, then chocolate then vanilla in the center. Make the third layer similar to the first.
- 14Bake each cake 20 minutes at 175 C.
- 15Let each cake cool before turning it out of mold and cooking the next one.
- 16Pile them up gradually after baking.
- 17To make the frosting, boil the cream, add the chopped chocolate.
- 18Wait 3-4 minutes and whisk until smooth.
- 19Wait 4 minutes before pouring over the cake.
- 20Let the cake set at room temperature and then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 21Decorate with chocolate shavings.
PER SERVING *
|Calories790Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.